Wednesday 3 November 2010

Teaser Trailer

For the teaser trailer I have decided to do a horror, I chose to do this genre as horror covers a lot of topics and also because it seemed the trickiest to get right. A horror film should make the audience a feel a sense of fright and make them feel a sense of fear. I did some research into horror film trailers, and came to the conclusion that they should intice a person into going to see it, while giving them some hint as to what it will be about.

The idea for my trailer came after reading a book called 'Deathnote: Another note, the Los Angeles BB Murder Caes', which is a murder mystery which involves logic and thinking throughout. Another influence is from the Japanese film 'Higurashi no naku koro ni', in which you meet a group of seemingly normal teenagers, who later turn out to be cursed. My idea is a mixture of these two themes. "A girl name Reina Night" is the name of the teaser trailer, the name Reina Night came to my head when I was thinking about spooky names that sound normal. Reina is a spanish name that means queen or emporess, the last name Night just from the time of day, so together the name means Queen Night.

After looking through a few trailers, I liked to look of the beginning of the 'Easy A' trailer, with the main character talking into a webcam. To make this have elements of horror I decided to film at night with a side light to create a dark tone, this would make it seem more like a horror film. Also making it very simple with a vague sort of outline to the girls life, in my opinion, would attract people to go an see it.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Trailer : This is the trailer for Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, although it says 'Shrills cries of Summer' the the title actually means 'Higurashi: When they Cry' and Higurashi is the type of cicada, a type of bug, which is found in that area of Japan. I like this trailer as it explains a little of what is going on, as well as showing that it is a horror film. This is one of my favourite films, and in my opinion it is about the hidden flaws in society. The trailer is effective as it creates suspense and makes you want to go an see the film and find out what is happening.

Easy A Trailer : This trailer is effective as it tells you the plot without going into too much detail. I liked the idea of the person talking into a camera and talking about what she thinks. So I including this idea into the teaser trailer, I thought that since it's a teaser trailer it wouldn't have to show scenes from the movie. I also think that this trailer is funny and again will encourage people to go and watch this film

My Teaser Trailer

So here is the teaser trailer I made. I think it could have turned out better but overall I am happy with the result. I filmed the trailer in my room, and just used my side lamp to light the scene, which makes it very dark and spooky. The music I used came as part of the editing software I used to edit the trailer, I used some software I had already called Corel Videostudio Pro 12. I filmed using HD and then rendered it again in HD. I'm still really trying to figure out the software so all in all it took me about an hour or so to edit this, I tried to keep in simple and to the point without adding a ton of effects, which would over complicate the trailer. It dosen't have the production company name at the start of trailer, mainly because the software wouldn't upload it.







Production Paperwork:

Script

Risk Assessment


Storyboard

Call Sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment